L'Oreade Ski and Snowboard Chalets
Ski & Snowboard Adventures - Grand Massif, Samoens and Sixt Fer a Cheval
Excite your senses. Something for everyone during the winter season in the French Alps.
- Dawn till dusk
- Warm-up runs
- A SatNav (of human kind) that actually works!!
- Secret places with untouched powder
- Traversing across a tricky ledge on to some plain open fields of untouched powder
- Beautiful gentle tree lined runs
- Top mountainfayre in some typical alpine restaurant halts
- Cool beers, heart warming vin chauds, or reviving pitchers of sun kissed rose wine
Experience this and more on your very own pre booked accompanied day with our Will G.
Lovely luxurious, cosey and comfortable accommodation in the French Alps, Grand Massif region with the added bonus of easy access to the Portes du Soleil and the Chamonix ski areas. The perfect location for all your alpine activity holidays in the French Alps winter or summer.
An ideal alpine base for skiing, snowboarding, exploring and of course relaxing in the spirit of the French Alps - a gem of a location for alpine activity holidays. Winter Rental Prices
With the amazing ski and snowboard opportunities provided by the unspoilt Grand Massif we believe you will
enjoy a wonderful holiday surrounded by superb scenery, providing breathtaking views.
Excitements and opportunities for you on your Ski holiday!
- Helicopter Rides. Tours of Mont Blanc, Pre-arranged pick-ups and Day Tours arranged with/without a lunch stop and skidoo pick-up
- Parapente/Paragliding (with or without skiis)
- Speed Riding - combination of gliding on ice with skiis and flying through the air with sail (parapente)
- Ice Driving
- Ice Climbing
- Ski Touring
- Cross Country Skiing/Nordic Skiing
- Snow Trekking/Snow Shoe Walking
- Ice Skating
- Dog Sledge Rides
- Skidoo/Snowmobile Rides
Something for everyone and for all age groups. It is recommended and in some cases necessary for mountain guides and instructors to be booked. Lessons, Guides and tours can be arranged with prior notice.
We provide a range of accommodation for all tastes from small appartments to large chalets. Self catered as well as sumptuously catered options are available
for those who enjoy being looked after.
The Ski Domain
Our accommodations situated in and around Sixt Fer a Cheval are close to the beautiful medieval town of Samoens and in the village Sixt are within walking
distance of the ski bus stop which provides free transport to the Grand Massif Express lift. From Samoens in just 8 minutes the Grand Massif Express lift takes you to the Grand Massif ski area comprising
Sixt, Samoens, Flaine, Morillon and Les Carroz, totalling 265 kms of piste.
In Sixt over 34kms of ski trails, with an easy access beginner area, a secure sledging slope and also blue and red runs. Sixt is linked with the Grand Massif as indicated above by free shuttles and for a wonderful end
to the day return from the top of Flaine by the fabulous Cascades 14kms long run through the Natural Reserve where if you're lucky deer might cross your path and, for some,
untracked powder for several kilometers providing a natural high!